Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love Letter



Another re-use/recycle piece. I think it's what I really get excited about. Anyway, this features ALL castoff and found objects (except for the gesso and glue). Materials: page from an old book, corrugated cardboard, coke can (that was in the street as litter - I didn't even buy or drink the coke), beer bottle cap (I did have that - but it was a long time ago - I save the caps), old stamp, carpet tacks (from DH's workbench), metal duct tape (also from DH's workbench), thread from my sewing box, and gesso.

... and this is my grandmother's candy dish. It all goes together somehow - either the colors or the rayed lines - whatever ......


16 comments:

*jean* said...

wonderful!!!

Susie Dally said...

Lovely composition-you ar ethe Queen of recycling/repurposing.

Khaled KEM said...

You are an amazing artist that makes from nothing very beautiful products.
Not everyone can do it Kimmie!
Nice hearts from a warm heart!

Jaqi said...

Lovely , what a wonderful Card, Jaqi

Linda Vincent said...

Very creative Kimmie - and I LOVE the candy dish!!

Christy said...

What a wonderful love note--

Chris M. said...

Oh - I just love it!!!! You are amazing!!!!!

Kim, I received your traveling image (last weekend already - sorry it has taken me so long to Thank you - time is getting away from me!!!)- it turned out beautifully!!! Everyone did such an amazing job, Again!!!!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tea - I will enjoy it on a cold MN evening!

nikki said...

somerset is having a *green calling* for their new publication...and you should absolutely submit that stunningly, amazing and absolutely beautiful piece of art!!!! my goodness...i LOVEE it...loveee love love it!!! heh....
also..if you dont already know about the calling and want some info just let me know! ;oP

Robin said...

This is wonderful and I love the fact that it has all re-used items! Check out my latest post where I used an old mason jar lid as a frame!

Odd Chick said...

what a fantastic photograph of your grandmother's dish and I loved your heart piece - I can see why you saw them together - really lovely

Linda said...

I love your recycled heart.

Ellen said...

great heart , love all the recycled bits and what a wonderful colourful dish that is.

ELK said...

so cheery and wonderful words!

Seth said...

Great piece Kimmie. I like the found that you repurposed all these parts!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh SO lovely, you are THE recycle Queen! I am having such fun catching up on what I missed while away! So much yummy eye candy here!!!

jasminduft said...

Stunning work! Great use of materials.