Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2day's T ... SUN TEA!!!

This is just one of the many plum trees on my street in full bloom right now. As I mention in my other blog, plum tree blossoms means pollen means eczema and other stuff for one too many children that I know. But rain is in the forecast for tomorrow - the rains tempers things. But for today - I will be making sun tea - rose hip and hibiscus "Red Zinger" tea to be exact :)

The disintegration project is basking in sunshine too. The colors are amazing from the weathering that is going on. I am so happy and so inspired with this project - of which my hand has had very little to do with. Lumilyon mentioned a book entitled, "In Praise of Shadows," by Japanese writer Jun'Ichiro Tanizaki. It's an amazing little book of appreciation for all things natural, rustic, disintegrating (and those words don't quite fit entirely) ..... a finding of beauty in the ordinary and weathered parts of life.


And I found these beautiful, natural, weathered, river-worn egg shaped rocks. I think I will "decorate" one or 2 of them for Easter. Milliande (the zentangle video lady) has a cool project using egg shaped rocks (or actual eggs) to make zeggtangles.  I think I'll try it :) ..... I hope you have a speggtacular day today .... I hope you are able to make some sun tea too!  (((hugs)))

5 comments:

ELK said...

what a treasure to behold here...waiting to see the Z eggs made...blooms and desegregation on the same page ...you "rock"
elk

*jean* said...

oo i love your rocks!! hope the rain cleans the air for you all...

i can't wait to see what happens on may 1!! thank you for finding this and inspiring me!! we finally got enough weather to make my wilty and tattered...and the colors are fading but i can't wait to see the inside of the bundle!!!!

Lisa said...

I love the rocks,looks like they have been dyed and are waiting on an Easter hunt.

ooglebloops said...

What a great idea - using river rock - I wonder how the pigma pens would adhere to it. I might just have to try that also!!!! Look forward to seeing yours!!!

Jan said...

I am reveling in your pictures and talk of spring in sunshine, thank you for sharing. The project is progressing beautifully. The rocks are yummy.