Tuesday, April 6, 2010

T is for tasty ....

I love oatmeal .... but I'm pretty sure oatmeal (and wheat too) doesn't love me. The Sweet Husband and I are trying to go gluten free - I don't know if you know anything about that - but it's not too hard to do. For instance, I thought oatmeal was a thing of the past. But I found this yum yummy hot cereal from Bob's Red Mill: "Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal." Oh my goodness - they are not kidding! I made mine with apple juice instead of water, added plain yogurt and a drizzle of honey ..... y u m! And the tea? Tetley's British Blend .... a delicious and bright tea for the morning.


.... and these are the winners from my 2 for T giveaway ....

Susie Dally, ale, S. Etole and Terri Kahrs





***
For more T (or coffee or hot cocoa or diet coke) on Tuesday please visit these other fine blogs:


11 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

You've gotten very creative with your gluten free oatmeal, Kimmie! Who've thought about adding yogurt?!? Yummy! Ohhh, and how lucky am I to be one of your winners in your lovely giveaway!!! Thank you! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

oh this is sooo good, love Bob's they have the best! I use their steel cut oats too and they are wonderful. been totally gluten free since last june and I feel so good! love it!! so many people are gluten intolerant or sensitive or have celiac disease now, it makes me wonder what is wrong with our wheat...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to look for Bob's Mighty Tasty the next time I'm out and about. Coming from wheat country, it may be hard to find in Kansas (also known as the WHEAT State). However, I much prefer rice products to wheat products. Never thought about hot cereal, though. It sounds yum, yum, yummy.

Congrats to all the lucky winners. And thanks as always for hosting Tea on Tuesday.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I have to agree with Cat's comment about what is up with our wheat!

Congrats to the lucky winners! You are so generous Kimmie!

Happy gluten free T Tuesday to ya!
oxox

Chriss Rollins said...

oh my it's Tuesday....be back soon with something.

tetley tea...yes, do you buy it over there?

chriss x

BadPenny said...

I am better off wheat and need to do it again - I'm Ok with oats. It would be hard to go Gluten free totally but if I cut down I feel better - so here goes you have kick started me !!!

Dianne said...

Okay weird! I JUST NOW posted that was drinking diet Coke... and there it is in your post!!! Like 2 seconds after I published!!! Are you psychic???
That oatmeal does look good. I add Krechlers Wheat Germ to mine...

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy Kimmie- wish we could all stop by for some! Happy T to you! Christen

ale said...

dear kimmie!!!! that ale is me!!!!??? l am so happy!!!!!! today is MY DAY!!!!!! thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now l will write you ... A BIGGGGG ENORMOUS KISS AND HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ale

S. Etole said...

this is just sweet fun to look forward to ... thank you! and the cereal looks like a good thing to try

Susie Dally said...

Yay! How lucky can you get?!?! Maybe I will join you ladies for tea once my life settles down a bit. Your postings are always so soothing and thoughtful. Thank you!