Friday, May 25, 2012

shop local

I created this treasury on Etsy by looking up only local artisans
it's easy to find the folks near you who are creating and selling on Etsy
they have a "shop local" search feature
I was amazed at all of the cool stuff in and around my hometown
why don't I meet these people at the grocery store?
... but maybe I do!
:)


 

Yellow Linen Tea Towel with Bicycle - SweetnatureDesigns Pixie Hood in Green Leaf Brocade - Crystalsidyll Aquamarine Silver Earrings AB Rainbow Oxidized Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped ..... Spring Showers ..... - SugarRococo Carnival ticket booth summer pastel 8 x 10 photograph - LittleFotoFox
Little Green Enamel Bowl - TheTinFrog Lime Green Reclaimed Baby/Sock weight Cotton Yarn - 324 yards - KnotYourNeedles Crochet Prince Crown  Excellent Photo Prop  Newborn size Light Blue - YarningToBe PUCK - barkingart
Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter - sweetwaterspringsoap Stinging Clean, hot process, hand crafted soap bar. - NettleNonsense On The Wire- Giclee Archival Print 11x14 - JamiesArt 6x6 Square Photo Album Scrapbook with Ties - Fits Instagram 5x5 - Scroll
Postage Stamp Necklace Butterfly Soldered Pendant - Orange-Tip & Checkerspot Butterflies - BrownEyedRose Waiting ..... a limited edition print - maryklump Fix You cable necklace in aqua/teal and orange resin and sterling silver - Mother's Day gift - LollyJoLolli Carrot Patch print 8 x 10 Garden Rabbit - ElementAlove

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just read someone's Facebook status update expressing their displeasure that many of the sellers on Etsy were from foreign countries and many items were factory-made or some such thing -- I'm going to pass this information along to her! Thanks --

Anonymous said...

Lots of great stuff here Kimmie, I bet you do meet them in the grocery and you don't have a clue. Maybe they will find you now!!!! Enjoy the holiday. xox Corrine

Yvonne said...

I didn't realize their was a shop local feature on Etsy. I will have to go check it out and see what I find. Thanks.

Sheila said...

Such a great point about supporting the local community. I wrote an article for Handmadeology last year on how important it is for sellers to list their true location (not a vague one like "Midwest,") so that people who choose to shop locally can do so. Copy and past if you want to read it: bit.ly/IhZPGH

Such a beautiful treasury too!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Fantastic! It is amazing how many talented people are out there -- we just don't always know it. That baby with the crocheted crown is just adorable. Hope your weekend is great Tammy

~*~Patty S said...

WOW wonderful...such great variety...you are in good company or I should say 'they' are in the best company :)

your comment about WHY you don't meet them at the grocery store is perfect...if only life worked that way...we just never know what lies beneath when we pass by someone

wishing you and yours a lovely Memorial Day weekend Kimmie
oxo
p.s. you make me want to go shopping!

Halle said...

Fun treasury! There's a lot of talent in your neck of the woods. :)

Unknown said...

I tried that feature for my area and found some real flakes. heehee. Mine is not an artsy area!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lucky you. For some reason, I doubt there are many Etsy people who live in Wichita. Everyone I've ever talked to has never even heard of it. Guess I need to meet even MORE people (grin). Good for you.

BTW, I love the little Mole Skin journals you painted and I say the same thing as you when I pronounce the word.

Teri said...

There are some beautiful things here, Kim. You have made me want to go to each of these places and check out the goods. And perhaps I will. Oh, my poor check book!