Tuesday, January 1, 2013

balance in 2013

do you choose a word for the coming year?
I'm on again off again
last year - no word
year before that - my word was resolute
this year I'm definitely feeling the need to carpe diem - carpe anum?
seize the year
give it a word
a goal
a purpose
a plan

B A L A N C E

is my word
... could it be your word too?
I felt especially off balance this last month
- sigh -

but now it's a new year
- whew -

*

my art journal is where I committed my word

first laying out all of the leftover words from this year's projects

letting my thoughts go where they go


laying out paper and color
symmetrical as per my usual
- B A L A N C E -


placing the words coherently
- using all but five from my jumbled pile -


how did that jumble string together?

B A L A N C E
look about at morning and keep the children on time
then make long from little - with other and many
we have a seaport from azure set among our young maidens
live for each other
I N   2 0 1 3

... well at least I get it :)


carpe anum
happy new year to you and to yours as you balance it all


12 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I had to giggle at the words you strung together. Balance is a hard one for me but I shall definitely strive for just that. Getting organized is definitely on my list, which needs to start with lots of purging of possessions. Simplicity! I think that should be my word. Getting back to basics. Love your journaling! Definitely something I want to do starting right now. Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy, peaceful new year filled with wonderful possibility and opportunity. Blessings, Tammy

Claire said...

this is a wonderful process! i love seeing how you reach for your word:)
i've posted about mine today... 2012 was 'earthed', i wondered if 'becoming' was the word for 2013... then i was given 'be a vessel' - i'm excited to see how each of our words unfold!
wishing you a happy and blessed new year :o)

amy of studio four corners said...

I love the prose concocted from your words - so delightful! I haven't settled on my word yet...last year was "begin"...I guess I'd better decide soon!
Happy New Year to you kimmie!

Halle said...

Great choice! I kept going back and forth between balance and simplify. Simplify won out.
Happy New Year!

DAWN said...

Yes! I can see how this is going to benefit you throughout the year. You have a sharp sense of the now and it will only grow more keen as you keep you eye on a level horizon!
Happy New Year to you and your family!!
Peace~
Dawn

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These are two very powerful words...resolute and balance...I wish you the very best and blessings for the new 2013!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Sue said...

I love the way you put things....Happy New Year....I hope 2013 is balanced for you:)

Anonymous said...

Love this spread and your "balance" within it. My words for the year are Tell Your Story - I have plans to do so all year long and am really looking forward to it. Happy New Year. xox

Kim Mailhot said...

As a Libra, Balance has been my word for life ! ;-) It is a great on to focus on for a year, especially if you have been feeling off kilter. I hope that 2013 give you many opportunities to return to center, gently and kindly !
Happy New Year, Talented One !

Annie Cholewa said...

What a fabulous way to start the year!

I had a word last year, Abundance. This year ... I'm undecided so far. We'll see.

Happy New Year!

~*~Patty S said...

BALANCE is a many layered word and process that I will continue to work on ...your words and images always touch my heart dear Kimmie!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2013 and may you find the Balance you seek ...

I am excited to spend another year with you here

oxo

Yvonne said...

Love what and how you did this. Balance is always a good thing and I talk about that all the time with my kids. A word for this year for me has not come about yet. Soon. Hope you are well.